Futurity Riders Guild
The BBR Futurity Riders Guild offers special recognition to members competing in Futurity Competition. Better Barrel Races sanctions 4yr old and 5yr old Futurities across the nations and, along with its founders and partners, produces Futurity Events at the Patriot, BBR World Finals, Ardmore Barrel Futurity, BBR Texas Fall Classic, OKC Futurity and others.
We are excited to announce a number of changes to our Futurity Riders Guild program for the 2019-20 Futurity Campaign Season! Below you will see a summary of the FRG Guidelines and a detailed list of changes coming this fall.
Current Futurity Rider Guild (FRG) Guidelines:
- FRG Membership Fee: $100
- Membership is effective on date of purchase and lasts 12 months – early renewals will extend 12 months from current expiration.
- FRG Memberships include all rights and privileges of a standard BBR Membership plus…
- Prizes will be awarded to top riders in the FRG Rider Standings based on points earned at FRG Approved events throughout the futurity campaign season. Riders may earn points on multiple horses regardless of the horses’ nomination status (see Rider Points below). FRG will also award a High Money Rider based on total prize money won throughout the season.
- FRG Rider Points will be awarded based on the amount of added money at an event. The highest placing FRG member will earn the maximum number of points (see BBR Bonus Points scale) and subsequent placing FRG members earning one fewer points, respectively, until no bonus points are available. Members placing on more than one horse will receive points only on their highest placing result with other results being skipped. Money won on all horses will be used for calculating the High Money Rider.
Changes for the 2020 FRG Season and beyond:
FRG membership remains effected on date of purchase and lasts 12 months – early renewals will extend 12 months from current expiration. FRG Members will continue to have the rights and privileges of a standard BBR Membership. FRG Rider points and standings will continue without change. However, the following changes will take effect for the 2020 FRG season…
- Rider Points earned between Nov 15 and Dec 31 in events designated as the beginning of the 2020 futurity campaign will count for the 2020 season rather than for 2019.
- Futurity Riders Guild Horse Nomination Fee: $35
- Horse nomination is effective at the beginning of its futurity eligibility or the nomination date, whichever is later, and is good for the duration of the horse’s futurity campaign season.
- Beginning with 2019 FRG and BBR Gold Card Memberships, each membership/renew includes one complimentary FRG Horse Nomination (membership must be current as of the effective date of the nomination). Additional nominations may be purchased and nominated horse does not have to be owned by nominating FRG member.
- Horse owner/nominator does not have to be a BBR member in order to purchase an FRG horse nomination.
- BBR will track results of FRG members and nominated horses at FRG Approved events throughout the futurity campaign season and will keep FRG Rider and Horse Standings for both 4-yr old and 5-yr old horses.
- Prizes will be awarded to top nominated horses in the FRG Horse Standings based on points earned at FRG Approved events throughout the futurity campaign season. Nominated horses may earn points regardless of the rider’s membership status. Horse owner at the completion of the season will receive awards on behalf of the nominated horse. FRG will also award a High Money Horse based on total prize money won throughout the season.
- FRG Horse Points will be awarded based on the amount of added money at an event. The highest placing FRG nominated horse will earn the maximum number of points (see BBR Bonus Points scale) and subsequent placing FRG nominated horses earning one fewer points, respectively, until no bonus points are available.